Rumble 20544 General Kregg vs. Stripe vs. Brigade
MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

DBZ Power Levels Thread?

Guest Adam Safran

Guest Ruinus

It'd be easy if someone has a power level for Hercule.

Or, looking at this chart here, you see Goku's and Broly's when they are born.

Saiyan: "Paragus's son was born with a power level of 10,000!"

Saiyan: "Makes Bardock's son look like a joke... what is he, a 2?"

Was Broly able to lift 136,000 kg and run 8,900 m/s as a baby? If yes, then there's your power level thread. If no, then power level doesn't measure strenght or speed, (or simply strenght?), or simply measure's ki.*

Or look at Master Roshi's highest power level of 180.

We all knew that he once blew up the Moon correct?

Let's say, purely for the hell of it, that he blew up the Moon with only 1 megaton. 4.18E15 J of energy.

So he blew up the moon with 4.18E15 J, divide by 180 to get a the energy of 1 power level.

4.18E15/180=2.32E13 J.

So a power level of 1 is 2.32E13J. That's 5.54 kilotons.

The farmer with a shotgun has a power level of 5, meaning if he could shoot out ki blasts (or if the power level includes his gun) then he can put out 27.72 kilotons.*

His gun can level cities. :D

*On the other hand, as Skirmisher suggests, this power level thing could be exponential.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ruinus

BTW: If these websites are to be believed, Mr. Satan's power level is around 120-150.

DBZ Power levels

Power Levels BDZ/GT

Battle of Imposters

Another power levels chart

This one has him at 51.

Again, if these are to be believed, let's say his power level is 125. If so, he could lift 1,700 kg, and run 111.25 m/s.

, so a person with Mr. Satan's physique could do it. Dunno about running 111.25 m/s though.

Again, this is based on the farmer's power level of 5 being for him, and not him+shotgun.

If the scouter's reading of a power level of 5 is for the farmer and the shotgun then power level measures something else. If it measures ki, and ki is just the general martial arts term for energy, then according to this the slowest shotgun pellets move at a speed of 335 m/s, and the conversion guide on Wiki gives me a weight of 37.80 g. I admittedly don't know much about guns and such, so these numbers may be wrong.

If so though:

Ek=.5mv2

Ek=.5(.0378g*335m/s)2

Ek = 2121.0525 J

So 2121.0525 J / 5 = 424.2105 J.

So a power level of 1 is 424.2105 J. To find the other ones just multiply by whatever power level is wanted.

It seems better to me that power level measures energy output, as it allows people to guage ki (which is energy), and get an idea of strenght/speed. On the other hand, I'm not really into DBZ and I've just got nothing better to do ATM. If Skirmisher's got a better way, then have at it.

EDIT: On the other hand, this means that even Goku, 100 years later (at the very end of the series), with the highest power level of 175 billion, has a grand output of 17.74 kilotons!

So either Skirmisher is right, and it's exponential, or the power levels are bullshit.

If Skirmisher's got a better way, then have at it.

Admittedly, I have not been able to pin down an exact formula for what the f*** the power level actually means...

We know that it is basically the Fighters Combat Capacity, witch covers things like Strength, Speed, and Ki for just the basics, and it might also cover a few other things too, like the capacity of weapons in the Farmers instance.

But All I can say with any certainty is that Power Levels are not Linear...

If we could find as many feats as we can that have factual Power Levels, then we crunch them through whatever math we can then I'm sure that a Formula could be found that roughly approximates what the hell the Power Levels actually mean in terms of Strength, Speed and Ki...

So anyone got Feats with PL#s?

I'm currently working on Base Form Goku pre-SSJ with his Strength Feat of Holding a Mountain in the Frieza saga. I'm going to nail that weight down solid, but IIRC it was done before and the weight was ~500,000 tons of rock.

Guest Ruinus
We know that it is basically the Fighters Combat Capacity, witch covers things like Strength, Speed, and Ki for just the basics, and it might also cover a few other things too, like the capacity of weapons in the Farmers instance.

Are you sure about this though? Does it have to measure strenght, speed and ki? Can it not be, say, simply strength and ki? Or ki by itself?

I'm currently working on Base Form Goku pre-SSJ with his Strength Feat of Holding a Mountain in the Frieza saga. I'm going to nail that weight down solid, but IIRC it was done before and the weight was ~500,000 tons of rock.

As I said, it would be easier to find Mr. Satan's power level (which, from the above qutoes is somewhere in 120-150, if we believe those sites). The farmer and Mr. Satan are both, for all intents and purposes, humans without the ability to use ki. IF those power levels are correct, then they can't be exponential at all.

Guest silversurfer092
The second I read the topic of this thread, I knew you were going to post that somewhere :D

I don't think they get the point.

Guys, GOKU IS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ricrery

DBZ power levels are as inconsistent as they could get. An individual with 10,000 ki can vaporize 3 planets with a wave of their hand, and another with 500,000,000,000 has to charge up to form a ball that would only destroy the planet they're on. Yep, inconsistent as hell.

DBZ power levels are as inconsistent as they could get. An individual with 10,000 ki can vaporize 3 planets with a wave of their hand, and another with 500,000,000,000 has to charge up to form a ball that would only destroy the planet they're on. Yep, inconsistent as hell.

Depends on the type of the attack.

Depends on the type of the attack.

Yes, there is technique involved in every attack, that's why the Androids who were more powerful than SSJ's, couldn't even dream of busting a planet... yet it's a give than anyone on the level of a SSJ could planet Bust... with the proper technique...

Guest Ruinus

Similarly, Krillin once launched a Destructo Disc at Nappa. Of course, Nappa being stronger felt he would be at no danger at all from this attack and was quite prepared to block it. Vegeta, however, screams out "Nappa! Don't touch it!"

Freeze was also killed by a Desctructo Disc (before Goku revived him only to kill him later). Hence, some attacks (such as the Desctructo Disc and Freeza's world ending thing) might be either CR weapons, or deadly regardless of power level.

It makes me wonder why everyone isn't tossing out DDs, able to kill enemies in single hits instead of long drawn out battles.

Similarly, Krillin once launched a Destructo Disc at Nappa. Of course, Nappa being stronger felt he would be at no danger at all from this attack and was quite prepared to block it. Vegeta, however, screams out "Nappa! Don't touch it!"

Freeze was also killed by a Desctructo Disc (before Goku revived him only to kill him later). Hence, some attacks (such as the Desctructo Disc and Freeza's world ending thing) might be either CR weapons, or deadly regardless of power level.

It makes me wonder why everyone isn't tossing out DDs, able to kill enemies in single hits instead of long drawn out battles.

Unique to Krillin?

Guest ricrery

No, seriously. Super Buu, while enhanced from absorbing people, had to charge for at least a minute before creating a ball that would only split the Earth in two. King Vegeta destroyed 3 worlds with a wave of his hand. All 3 of the planets were mass scattered into dust.

No, seriously. Super Buu, while enhanced from absorbing people, had to charge for at least a minute before creating a ball that would only split the Earth in two. King Vegeta destroyed 3 worlds with a wave of his hand. All 3 of the planets were mass scattered into dust.

Better Technique? Buu was a powerhouse, and a Combat Genius, but maybe he never thought about a better technique? Besides which attack was this, Scan or Link to video?

Guest ricrery
Better Technique? Buu was a powerhouse, and a Combat Genius, but maybe he never thought about a better technique? Besides which attack was this, Scan or Link to video?

Vanishing ball.

7 zettatons is that hard to make?

there is already a list of powerlevels throughout Dragonball, starting with the arrival of Raditz, all the way up 'till the end of Dragonball GT

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dbz/power-levels%28new%29.htm

Those levels are wrong...

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Power_Levels

Freiza Saga

Goku's power leve, as stated in section "The Evolution of Goku's Power Level" at Super Saiyan had a power level of 150,000,000 made canon by the Daizenshuu 7 book...

whereas your link shows (unsupported I might add) that at the same time Goku's power level was 11,500,000 in his Super Saiyan form... that's a 13x discrepancy...

Guest TheRandomBandit

Yeah know something I do not get. Dbz has all these power levels and such. What about Poke'mon? I mean when they get to level 100 they can not be defeated!

http://www.dbzn.net/powerlevels/intro.shtml

powerlevels starting from the beginning up to the end of the Freeza saga, all powerlevels taken directly from either the Daizenshyus(Dragon Ball encycopedia) or the manga.

showing SSJ Goku with a powerlevel of 15.000.000, not the 150.000.000 you seem to think.

yehbiatch7zt.jpg

Goku Super Saiyen = 150,000,000 Power Level

Oh, would you look at that, the Daizenshuu specifically states that Goku and Friezas power levels were over 100 million! :D I guess someone needs to fix their website and correct their misinformation! :P

Mh, the wikia is a bit better than your previous link...

Yes, because they know what they're doing and if they didn't then people would speak up and prove them wrong and things would be changed to the right way...

yehbiatch7zt.jpg

Goku Super Saiyen = 150,000,000 Power Level

Oh, would you look at that, the Daizenshuu specifically states that Goku and Friezas power levels were over 100 million! :P I guess someone needs to fix their website and correct their misinformation! :P

Yes, because they know what they're doing and if they didn't then people would speak up and prove them wrong and things would be changed to the right way...

Yeah, that is the correct powerlevel... I remember that volume.

Exactly... :D

• 6 months later...
Guest The Dark Prince

gokus power level at the begining of dbz is over 9000 that puts him way over any marvel or dc caracter. yes that means hes stronger than superman you noobs